Seqens, a trusted supplier of generic APIs
Seqens offers a wide range of APIs with 400 active DMFs, serving more than 400 customers in +60 countries.
With 8 GMP production sites around the world, over 35 years of investments in building a robust backward integrated supply chain and an impeccable regulatory track record, Seqens is a leader in supporting the global demand for essential drugs.
Leveraging its advanced technology platforms and leading R&D capabilities in enzymatic and flow chemistry, particle design, bioavailability enhancing solutions, highly potent and controlled substances, Seqens is also offering a robust pipeline of future generic compounds.
- Cough, cold & flu
- Pain Relief
- Analgesics & Anesthesia
- Digestive Health
Markets & Applications
- Steroids & hormones
- Consumer Healthcare
- Animal Health
- Essential Injectables
- Controlled substances
- Highly Potent
Download our brochure
A world leading producer of Paracetamol and Aspirin
Seqens produces two best seller OTCs, operates on a global scale and provides its customers with a unique positioning on both value chains
- The only western player on the aspirin chain
- Vertical integration upstream and downstream : aspirin (from phenol/SA) and paracetamol (from PNP/PAP)
- Dual sourcing in Aspirin and Paracetamol (soon) : 5 GMP plants located in France, China and Thailand
- Competitive and sustainable solutions: we provide high quality solutions and care about the environment. We offer the lowest carbon footprint on the market
By producing close to its markets, SEQENS masters value chains and secures customer needs with extensive care for the environment. SEQENS Consumer Health Care is a sustainable partner for its customers.
Aspirin: our Acetyl Salicylic Acid offer
As a leader of Acetyl Salicylic Acid (ASA), we have a broad experience and technical expertise allowing us to serve 30% of the global demand.
To serve our customers with effective and flexible production, Seqens relies on the dual and very close location of its plants to the markets:
- In France, only 40 km between its salicylic acid and acetylsalicylic plants: a short distribution circuit close to western markets, for effective and flexible production.
- SEQENS also has a 6000 mt manufacturing capacity in Thailand. A dual sourcing strategy allowing a responsive supply to the market.
To match with our customers needs and technical constraints, we manufacture a wide range of grades from powder to directly compressible ones.
At a glance, our Acetyl Salicylic Acid is:
- Made in France & Thailand
- Vertically integrated up to Phenol
- GMP registered
- FDA and ANSM approved
Our paracetamol offer
Strong of its long term expertise and unique large-scale vertical integration of Para Amino Phenol (PAP) Seqens guarantees paracetamol supply and markets proximity.
- Based in Wuxi (CN), our paracetamol is manufactured only 100 km away from the key raw material, safeguarding the production of powder and directly compressible grades.
- By 2026, our french paracetamol plant based in Roussillon (FR) will produce 15 kT of APAP per year, enough to cover the global french demand or half of the european needs.
The reshoring of this production is made possible by the development of an innovative and environmentally responsible manufacturing process, supported by our R&D teams.
In concrete terms, we will reduce the CO2 emissions by 75%, the energy consumption by 65%, and almost all effluents and wastes.
At a glance, our APAP is :
- Vertically integrated up to PAP
- ANSM registered
- Available in different grades from powder to directly compressible ones
A key player of European health sovereignty
With the support of the French Gorvernment and in partnership with UPSA and Sanofi, Seqens is investing in its French sites to complete its range of essential active ingredients for anesthesia-intensive care, and to meet France’s and Europe’s need to strengthen supply chains for essential medicines.